Wednesday 11 February 2009

2 for 1

This is a sort of buy 1 get one for free post. I can start with a literary tip, recommending the book I've been reading for the past few weeks and than move on to another new wonder from the internet.

The book is "Franny and Zooey", by J.D. Salinger, which grabbed my interest after I read a review in a blog somewhere I don't remember now. Anyway, a long time ago I read "The Catcher in the Rye" and it instantly became one of my all-time favorite classics and I had always thought of reading something else by Salinger and now I've started doing so.


And now comes the second advice: I'm still in the middle of the book, but I'm already curious to understand a little bit more about it, so while browsing Wikipedia I stumbled upon this http://academicearth.org/ which is a site that provides videos from lecturers in some of the world's best universities teaching several subjects, from literature to physics, all for free and available anytime, anywhere. The video about "Franny and Zooey" is here.


Cheers,


Coxa

1 comment:

Flat 1209 - Curva de Rio said...

Animal!

You know what? We could organize some of theses classes in the flat, as soon as we buy the projector!